Personal Care in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
Under the direct supervision of the administrator this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the administrator. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, the administrative assistant will perform duties such as record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. The administrative assistant deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload and recommend changes in office practices or procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Performs desktop publishing. Creates and develops visual presentations for the administrator.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the administrator. Retrieves information from files when needed. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates library of trade journals and magazines.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Opens mail for the administrator. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Answer phones for administrator. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with other system development assistants to cover phones.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, presidents, senior vice presidents and chiefs if applicable. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the administrator, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures.
- Coordinates division of workload with the administrative assistant in community relations. 10. Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Supports market data analyst in maintenance of the department finances. Activities include: copying check requests and sending to accounts payable travel reimbursement, documenting corporate credit card expenses to corporate finance.
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- This position has minimal supervisory responsibilities.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Some travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- One year of administrative experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree.
- Two years of related experience.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Criminal Background Check
- Child Abuse Clearance
- Mantoux TB
- Federal Background Check (if applicable)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.